As with all previous UFOMAMMUT albums, the concepts behind ORO are expansive and multi-faceted, mutating the Italian palindrome which translates to “gold” with the Latin translation of “I prey.” ORO explores the concept of knowledge and its power; the magical stream controlled by the human mind to gain control of every single particle of the world surrounding us. ORO is the alchemical process to transform the human fears into pure essence; into Gold. Although ORO‘s two chapters will be released months apart from each other, they must be considered as a single track in which the musical themes and the sounds appear and reappear, mutate and evolve, progressively culminating in the crushing final movement. ORO is an alchemic laboratory in which substances are flowing, dividing and blending themselves in ten increments from the alembics and stills, culminating into the creation of Gold.
Opus Alter is going to fulfil and widen the perspective of the new work of UFOMAMMUT. Starting where Opus Primum ended, Opus Alter evolves deeper into devastatingly powerful new territory, where chaos is metamorphosed by cacophonous sound, until the final notes resonate, knowledge is forged and UFOMAMMUT strike gold.
UFOMAMMUT have unleashed the first of five video teasers in support of the new release which you can view below.
13. NL – Groningen, Vera
14. NL – Nijmegen, Festival d’Affaire
15. BEL – La Petite Maison dans la Prairie Stage – Dour, Dourfestival
18. PL – Warsaw, Klub Progresja
20. GER – Pössneck, Hells Pleasure Festival
21. A – Vienna, Arena
13. ITA . Musica W Festival – Castellina Marittima (PI)
01. ITA . Rock in Riot Festival – Martinengo (BG)
04. D – Leipzig, UT Connewitz
06. SWE – Malmo – Krank
09. FI – Turku , Klubi
10. FI – Tampere, Klubi
11. FI – Helsinki, Kuudes Linja
13. NOR – Oslo, Betong
18. B – Kortrijk, De Kreun
21. UK – Birmingham, Supersonic Festival
Source: The Sleeping Shaman